Ready to do a little spring cleaning?
Not really? We feel you. But get ready cuz Spring is right around the corner. While many will be doing the hard work of dusting their drapes and getting rid of old clothes, you can take things up a notch by actually dusting your self and shedding bad habits.
We all know that cleaning renews the mind, body, and spirit, but I've found that most of us are only playing at spring cleaning by making sure the area around us looks good, but not actually doing the work to make sure our insides look as good.
Here are 5 ways that you can spring clean your self:
- Get a new routine for cleansing your face. A good facial cleanser, scrub, mask, toner and moisturizer will help you feel better than ever. Together, these products should work together to pull out toxins, scrub off dead skin, and moisturize the face. Go for the gold and make a promise to yourself that you'll cleanse your face daily with weekly masks.
- Get a pedicure. I know it sounds vain, but hear me out. You're probably completely unaware of the beating your feet take on a day to day basis. Soak them, remove calluses, moisturize them, and then stay off them for a couple hours.
- Give up the hearty winter food staples. It's time to switch to lighter foods and also give your body the chance to eat more of what's in season. Trade the steak and potatoes for raw foods. Also don't forget your probiotics - these help maintain a healthy gut. A healthy gut leads to a healthy brain. Don't believe me? Here's some proof.
- Unplug. Kinda crazy to get this message in an email, I know, but you'll benefit by unplugging. If it comes with a cord, just dismiss it. Unplugging clears the mind and gives you the time you need to do that thing you've been putting off. Yeah...that one. The unplugging can be anywhere from 1 hour to a week, or more (just make sure to let friends/family know what you're up to). I encourage you to start off slowly with this one. Take on too much and you'll give up.
- Start A Complaining Diet. If you're going through something and you really don't like it, then do something about it. Avoid friends who have pity parties and don't give yourself a lot of time to wallow in pity. Be goal oriented and focus only on your solutions, not your problems.
Got some other ideas? Let us know how you spring clean in the comments.