Lots of people are chugging ZzzQuil and poppin other pills tryna get to sleep at night. I don't even know why. Let's talk about herbal remedies to helo you fall asleep and stay asleep. They're non-habit forming and you don't need your ID to check em out. Stop buyin chemicals yo. For real.
- Chamomile - Surely you already know about this one, it promotes relaxation to make falling asleep easier. (also for #4, #6 and #8)
- California Poppy - Promotes a good night's rest. It can also be smoked for relaxation. It's good as a tea or tincture, too.
- Ashwagandha - For those who wake early & can't get a full night's sleep. Specifically due to an early morning cortisol/anxiety spike. Don't use Ashwagandha root, if you are on prescription medications like benzodiazepines or antidepressants. Not for use by pregnant women.
- Magnolia Bark
- Valerian root - It smells awful but works. Commonly used for insomnia. Helps you fall asleep faster. Best for people with a lot on the mind. Caution: Some people take Valerian and don't experience the relaxation. Can't explain why...but it's a small group though.
- Hops - : A nervine and sedative herb. It's very bitter. Not for pregnant women. Sorry, not sorry - everything isn't for everybody.
- Passionflower - Safe/gentle sedative herb. Perfect for those who wake up in the middle of the night.