Oat Straw, scientifically known as Avena Sativa, is one dope herb that:
- builds strong bones,
- soothes and strengthens nerves,
- supports sexual health, and
- increases libido
Oat Straw (oats) is rich in silica, magnesium, phosphorous, iron, calcium, and protein. Oats support the nervous system and herbal infusions help you combat stress.
How to make an Oat Straw Infusion:
- Grab a mason jar, 1/8 - 1/4 cup of oats and a quart of boiling hot water.
- Put the herbs in the jar, cover with boiling hot water and allow the herbs to sit for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
- After the infusion time, strain the herbs and drink the liquid throughout the day.
Taste: Very mild, earthy
Scent: Earthy, neutral
Benefits: After drinking the infusion daily, you should notice that you're more relaxed and open. Part of life is allowing oneself to be vulnerable. Balance is everything. In our current socio-political climate, it is easy to fall victim to fear and hate mongering - all of this negatively affects your body in more ways than you can probably imagine. Of course, you should give yourself the space and time to feel negative emotions, but you shouldn't get so weighed down by those emotions that there is no space for you to be your highest self and enjoy the benefits of that.
For more pics of Oat Straw, check out this post on IG.