Let's get creative. Don't throw out those lemon peels this summer.
We can make air fresheners with our citrus peels and herbs. It's the summer and I know you're taking raw food seriously...
So, let's not get rid of all of those peels. We can actually recycle them and do something pretty cool and minimalist.
- Fruits (oranges, lemons, grapefruits, limes)
- Sea salt - the good stuff
- Fresh herbs (mint, basil, thyme, rosemary, sage, lavender, rose petals, for example)
Let's do it:
- Slice the fruit in half.
- Slice a little bit of the bottom off to show the pith (it will make the fruit stand still).
- Use a spoon to scoop out the pulp, if you haven't eaten it already, to make a fruit bowl.
- Fill the inside of the fruit bowl with sea salt and stick in your herbs.
- Place your new herb air freshener in a place that makes you happy.
This will stay fresh for about a week.
You can also use spices instead of herbs. I know some of you will use essential oils, while this makes me sad, I accept it.